Thursday, February 26, 2015

"campo de fiori restaurant aspen"











                    Elizabeth called me to repaint her restaurant that i originally painted in 1994. this was a remodel of sort's or a facelift. I had not been back since i moved in 2003 and it was great to be back and create with Elizabeth once again. These photo's dont do it justice ....i repainted the faux colorwashing on the wall's in a golden lighter tone then before,repainted the window frames to have a more industrial metal faux finish,repainted the bathroom,woodgrian the doors to the restroom and coat check room,painted a smaller pear tree in dinning area, a kind of tree of life on another wall in the far end of dinning room and painted about three hundred ceiling tiles(that look like old tin) which i antiqued in three different tones as well as a highlight of gold that the light pics up softly and painted aspen tree's on a large access panel to cover a door in bathroom and a 24x24 aspen mountain painting.I worked long days with breaks to space myself and i ran into old friends and met with ravenheart gallery who just received my six ocean/wave paintings. Elizabeth cooked great meal's for me and at the end when i got sick ( a bit disapointed and it was draining me) she and her sister michelle used natural remedies to get me healthy again...finally!! it lingered for two weeks.This remodel was the most peaceful i have ever experienced....well done Elizabeth. The locals really appreciated the new look and i was happy to have stayed longer to paint for Elizabeth sister michelle and husband ross, their kids and then their grandparents.I believe we changed my ticket three or four times.Campo de Fiori does so well!!! they were packed and dave the manager really does a great job,the staff is wonderful ...a big family. The food is great! different vibe then most places.... it is more of a event, gathering you will meet a new friend there.